With World Cup looming, Neymar admits: ‘nobody is as scared as me’ - UPDATES MEDIA NG

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

With World Cup looming, Neymar admits: ‘nobody is as scared as me’


As Neymar , the world ’ s most expensive player, battles to be fit for Brazil ’ s World Cup campaign , he is aware of the pressure .
“Nobody is as scared as me , ” he said on Tuesday .
The Paris Saint - Germain striker has not played since February , but knows that soccer- mad Brazil hopes he is fit to lead their team to glory in the World Cup .
“I know that people are a little anxious, but nobody more than me , nobody is as nervous about my comeback and nobody is more scared than me , ” Neymar told Brazilian station TV Globo .
The world ’ s most expensive player was injured on February 25 playing for PSG against Marseille in the French league .
The 26 - year- old striker underwent surgery on a bone in his right foot in Brazil at the start of Match and has since dedicated himself to preparing for the World Cup .
“It ’ s a very difficult time , right ? I think it’ s one of the most difficult I ’ ve ever had, because I ’ m very close to a dream I have, which is the World Cup , ” said Neymar , who broke a bone in his neck in the quarterfinals of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and missed the semifinal , which the hosts lost , 7 - 1 , to Germany .
“Thank God I have this further opportunity , this further chance , to try to be a world champion for my country, which is a dream that I have had since childhood , ” Neymar said . “ It is my goal. I hope it is my cup . ”
Neymar was on Tuesday included in the 23 - man provisional Brazilian squad for the World Cup which starts in Russia on June 14. Brazil are aiming to add a sixth star on their shirts .
Neymar resumed training with PSG last Sunday . If he is to gain match practice before the World Cup his chances will come in warm- up games against Croatia in Liverpool on June 3 and against Austria in Vienna three days later .
Brazil kick off their World Cup against Switzerland in Rostov on June 17 . Their group also includes Costa Rica and Serbia .

No comments:

Post a Comment